There's a lot going on over here!
1. I have my merchandise in 1 additional location in Minneapolis: Carver Junk Company! This store is adorable. If you are around the 48th and Chicago area, you must stop in!
2. Another one on the way (stay tuned!)
3. We threw a lovely brunch for our dear friend, Paula and...
4. We are prepping for our trip to Europe to celebrate her wedding!
5. More family weddings happening
6. And OUR wedding is around the corner!
Needless to say, it was tough to fit in some doodling this week, so I thought I'd share one of the drawings that I made for our wedding invites.
Here she is:
When we first started planning our wedding, I knew I wanted to add some hand-drawn illustrations to some of the stationery and decor. I first made a gouache painting that we have used for a few of our materials. It looks like this:
And this is how we used it on our Save the Dates (I needed them to be just a little bit weird)
When we picked a reception venue, I knew I had to make some slight alterations with the surface design to tie it all together a little more. Our venue, The Copper Hen, has this incredible blue and white toile wallpaper throughout the space, so I decided to redraw the flowers in the same style.
More blue and white illustrations will show up on the day, but I won't spoil all the surprises yet!
Here are a few more great blue floral finds from etsy:
#doodletuesday is an initiative created by the You Will Rise Project. The mission of the You Will Rise Project is to provide a multimedia showcase for people of all ages who have been bullied to share their stories through the arts. For more information, visit YouWillRiseProject.blogspot.com and doodle every week!